“A man who assisted in autopsies in a big urban hospital, starting in the mid-1950s, describes the many deaths from botched abortions that he saw. ‘The deaths stopped overnight in 1973.’ He never saw another in the 18 years before he retired. “That,” he says, “ought to tell people something about keeping abortion legal.”
People think that abortions didn’t begin until Roe.
To all the pro-choice women..wait until marriage to have sex, since apparently you take lives for granted
As a pro-choice woman, I’m going to choose to have sex even though I’m not married, I’m going to choose to continue using contraception, and if for some reason that contraception fails and I fall pregnant before I want to start a family, I am going to choose to have an abortion.
Because I don’t take my life or my youth for granted, and I want to enjoy my body instead of feeling ashamed of it. I want to treat it like a palace, not like some prize for my husband to carry off. My body is mine to do with as I please, regardless of your personal beliefs about my autonomy.
I just love it when Prochoicers accuse us of being the sexist ones when there are so many baby girls being destroyed in the womb just because they’re girls.
By the way, I am a girl. :)
Sex selective abortion isn’t about the abortion, it’s about the sexist culture that encourages having a certain kind of child. That sexist belief is the problem and making abortion illegal is not going to solve that. It’s not going to make those parents willing or those children loved.
We should ban life jackets and other flotation devices. They only encourage risky behavior. The only 100% effective way to prevent drowning is total abstinence from going in the water.
And if you do, by chance, find yourself struggling with drowning, then no life-saving or otherwise procedure or act should be allowed to be administered. You got yourself into this mess, you have to live with the consequences.
You should see drowning as a gift.
I’m pretty sure the success of a ban on abortion would be comparable to the success of prohibition.
You would have pregnant people, who no longer desire to be so, take incredibly dangerous and life threatening steps.
You would rather see them go to butchers than doctors.
You care more about the “potential” of a fetus than the actual human being carrying it.
You want to take away the options technology has advanced enough to make available to us, and have us seek alternatives to a safe, controlled procedure. Alternatives that are damaging and deadly.
You want to remove our CHOICES about what we do, and don’t do, with OUR BODIES.
Pro-Choice IS Pro-Life.
All you are is ANTI-CHOICE.
No more Wire Hangers
Things that will help lower abortion rates:
- Comprehensive sex education in schools.
- Cheaper/easier access to birth control, condoms, and other preventative methods.
- Openness and communication between parents and sexually active children.
- Openness within the community regarding Planned Parenthood centers and health departments that provide cheap/free sexual health services.
- Implementation of sexual and reproductive health services geared toward trans* individuals and their sexual/reproductive health.
- Networks of support implemented to counsel and assist pregnant persons who will have a hard time paying for prenatal care, hospital delivery bills, and after birth care.
- Systems set up within schools that help pregnant teens stay in school while also being able to take care of and raise their child(ren.)
Things that will not lower abortion rates:
- Banning abortion and implementing laws that make it harder to get abortions.
- Limiting birth control access, making birth control harder for teens to get, making birth control more expensive, ect.
- Promoting abstinence only sex education.
- No communication between parents and sexually active teens.
- Schools that expel pregnant students.
- Incomplete/inaccurate sexual and reproductive health services for trans* individuals.
Nothing sadder than a pro-life woman
(EDIT: changed the image into a link/TW) http://www.priestsforlife.org/resources/abortionimages/07week/01_07.jpg
Aborted at 7 weeks. Just 7 weeks!
Nothing sadder than anyone who continues to dehumanize life in the womb.
Trigger Warning: Dead embryo/fetus compared to a quarter.
If you have to use a bloody photo to prove a point, I think you need work on your logic. All you’re doing is manipulating emotions without appealing to reason.
By the way, this is an embryo at 7 weeks, an image produced by a university medical center.
Your image comes from Priests for Life.
There is nothing sadder than anyone who finds more value in an unwanted embryo than in an actualized person.
Reblogging for stfuprolife’s commentary.
Trying to take people’s rights away and shame them for exercising bodily autonomy is pretty damn sad.
‘pro life’ people who think pro choice people force women to get abortions