If as a heterosexual dude, you’re going to talk about how unappealing it is when women act in a fashion you deem ‘too girly’ and how you wish they would just stop because it’s not hot and you just want a nice, down-to-earth girl-next-door, you need to shut the fuck up, because you’re a sexist.
You know why you’re a sexist? It’s because you’re blaming women for meeting societal expectations. Women are consistently told by this racist, hetero-normative, misogynist system that they need to be perfect to be attractive to men. Need to wear heels, need to pluck their eyebrows, need to be ‘conventionally feminine’.
Then, you entitled dudes turn around and say ‘well you’re foolish and wrong if you do that, because we find it annoying and really want REAL girls who will eat a burger with us and try skateboarding and wear jeans and a fucking t-shirt.’ Just stop talking and never open your mouth again, because all you’re doing is imposing another standard on women, after you’ve blamed them for trying to reach the first standard that you placed on them. Don’t feel special about wanting a ‘real’ girl and making it easier for women to please you, you aren’t dismantling shit, you are just making things harder.
Not to mention, not all women dress for you, or give a shit what you find attractive. It seems like the men who say this are just beta-ass children who can’t handle it when women dress hyper-(conventionally)femininely for themselves, or when women dress in a way they deem ‘too mannish’. It’s only okay as long as it’s on your terms, right?
You aren’t ‘helping feminism’ by telling women that they need to be strong and independent otherwise they are unattractive harpies, especially when some women have been consistently told not to play up their strength, and when you’re going to be all offended when they legitimately don’t want your help and you feel like they need it. That shit is demeaning.
Get the fuck out.
- mycatreadsmydiary likes this
- uncoolteenager reblogged this from sazquatch
- revolutionary-girl-cassandra likes this
- desiredurl likes this
- wholesomeobsessive reblogged this from femonster
- cappucheno likes this
- sherhawk likes this
- lets-hate-people-together reblogged this from sazquatch
- crackelephant likes this
- yanguang likes this
- alwaysdancingdifferentbeats likes this
- early-sunsets reblogged this from sazquatch
- floskii said: This this this! It just imposes an even higher standard on us to be everything men want without even appearing to try. The men who say they want a girl who eats burgers and doesn’t diet will also expect that girl to be a skinny supermodel.
- lipstickburger likes this
- b0-rn-to-die likes this
- chasingcolor likes this
- gladigen likes this
- boobytrapzap reblogged this from femonster
- helloimfemme reblogged this from femonster
- boobytrapzap likes this
- magicbuffet likes this
- chimaeriforme likes this
- recreationalsociologist likes this
- spitefulbitch reblogged this from dancing-painted-bears
- spitefulbitch likes this
- damnhistrionics reblogged this from sazquatch
- gamsmcgee likes this
- femonster reblogged this from sazquatch
- enterthedreamatorium reblogged this from dancing-painted-bears
- enterthedreamatorium likes this
- lk8n likes this
- dancing-painted-bears reblogged this from sazquatch
- alvaromorata reblogged this from fabulousbutevil
- cynthiahh likes this
- fabulousbutevil reblogged this from lionnedefeu
- tweezing reblogged this from sazquatch
- theelusiveman reblogged this from sazquatch
- theelusiveman likes this
- matthummus likes this
- lionnedefeu reblogged this from tweezing
- silkchemise likes this
- lionnedefeu likes this
- thattisbrandnewinformation likes this
- featheringthoughts reblogged this from sazquatch
- featheringthoughts said: That is one hell of a rant. Love it.
- tweezing likes this
- featheringthoughts likes this
- ozai likes this