Tuesday, September 16, 2014
"You’re not like other girls"
Yes actually I am. Girls are awesome, shut the fuck up.
femininity is sooo intertwined w capitalism too like if you needed more proof that its not harmless. There are billion dollar industries built on making women feel like shit. And these companies are all owned by men. These men make money off us and then tell us we arent good enough so that they can make more money off us.
you know that phrase “being a woman is expensive”? thats not an accident.
The Mockingjay part 1 trailer tho :’)
I never wanted any of this. I never wanted to be in the games.
I’m really not fazed by the salted caramel/salted chocolate/salted anything sweet craze, the addition of salt does nothing for me, and I can’t wait for it to go away.
I want everyone who is watching to lay down their weapons.
- 01/24/2014 – That’s What She Said, 2012 (dir. Carrie Preston)
- 01/31/2014 – Smithereens, 1982 (dir. Susan Seidelman)
- 02/07/2014 – Desperately Seeking Susan, 1985 (dir. Susan Seidelman)
- 02/14/2014 – Making Mr. Right, 1987 (dir. Susan Seidelman)
- 02/21/2014 – Cookie, 1989 (dir. Susan Seidelman)
- 02/28/2014 – She-Devil, 1989 (dir. Susan Seidelman)
- 03/07/2014 – Starstruck, 1982 (dir. Gillian Armstrong)
- 03/14/2014 – Sedmikrásky (Daisies), 1966 (dir. Věra Chytilová)
- 03/21/2014 – Orlando, 1992 (dir. Sally Potter)
- 03/28/2014 – The Punk Singer, 2013 (dir. Sini Anderson)
- 04/04/2014 – Bridget Jones’s Diary, 2001 (dir. Sharon Maguire)
- 04/18/2014 – Girlfriends, 1978 (dir Claudia Weill)
- 05/02/2014 – Hôtel Monterey, 1972 (dir. Chantal Akerman)
- 05/09/2014 – The Bride Wore Red, 1937 (dir. Dorothy Arzner)
- 05/16/2014 – Bright Star, 2009 (dir. Jane Campion)
- 05/23/2014 – Fish Tank, 2009 (dir. Andrea Arnold)
- 05/30/2014 – Dogfight, 1991 (dir. Nancy Savoca)
- 06/06/2014 - A League of Their Own, 1992 (dir. Penny Marshall)
- 06/13/2014 – Bend It Like Beckham, 2002 (dir. Gurinder Chadha)
- 06/27/2014 – Used People, 1992 (dir. Beeban Kidron)
- 07/04/2014 – A Little Bit of Heaven, 2012 (dir. Nicole Kassell)
- 07/11/2014 – Sweetie, 1989 (dir. Jane Campion)
- 07/18/2014 – Meshes of the Afternoon, 1943 (dir. Maya Deren & Alexander Hammid)
- 09/05/2014 – Hester Street, 1975 (dir. Joan Micklin Silver)
- 09/12/2014 – Middle of Nowhere, 2012 (dir. Ava DuVernay)
I didn’t know that teenage boys were still rocking the swoopy old Bieber hair-cut, but apparently I was wrong.
At first one, then another, then almost every member of the crowd touches the three middle fingers of their left hand to their lips and holds it out to me. It is an old and rarely used gesture of our district, occasionally seen at funerals.
Monday, September 15, 2014
I went to sleep at 10 pm so I’ve been awake since 4 what a stellar idea on my part.
Being brave doesn’t mean you aren’t scared. Being brave means you are scared, really scared, badly scared, and you do the right thing anyway.
Neil Gaiman (via onlinecounsellingcollege)
I strongly identify with wood elves because I too like to drink wine and talk about how men are failing
'Its so much sexier when women aren't photoshopped and airbrushed' yeah, who gives a shit? You're still basing the value of women on how arousing you find their appearance so don't pat yourself on the back just yet mate.